These are the standard conditions of supervision or probation the Court must impose. This does not include special conditions the court may impose.
- The defendant shall not leave the judicial district without the permission of the court or probation officer.
- The defendant shall report to the probation officer in a manner and frequency directed by the court or probation officer.
- The defendant shall answer truthfully all inquiries by the probation officer and follow the instructions of the probation officer.
- The defendant shall support his or her dependents and meet other family responsibilities.
- The defendant shall work regularly at a lawful occupation unless excused by the probation officer for schooling, training, or other acceptable reasons.
- The defendant shall notify the probation officer at least ten days prior to any change in residence or employment.
- The defendant shall refrain from excessive use of alcohol and shall not purchase, possess, use, distribute, or administer any controlled substance or any paraphernalia related to any controlled substance, except as prescribed by a physician.
- The defendant shall not frequent places where controlled substances are illegally sold, used, distributed, or administered.
- The defendant shall not associate with any persons engaged in criminal activity and shall not associate with any person convicted of a felony, unless granted permission to do so by the probation officer.
- The defendant shall permit a probation officer to visit him or her at any time at home or elsewhere and shall permit confiscation of any contraband observed in plain view of the probation officer.
- The defendant shall notify the probation officer within 72 hours of being arrested or questioned by a law enforcement officer.
- The defendant shall not enter into any agreement to act as an informer or a special agent of a law enforcement agency without the permission of the court.
- As directed by the probation officer, the defendant or the probation officer shall notify third parties of potential risks due to the defendant’s criminal record, personal history, or characteristics. Defendants shall confirm compliance on the notification requirement with the probation officer.
Frequently Imposed Special Conditions
If deported by the Immigration and Naturalization Services, you shall not re-enter the United States until allowed to do so legally.
You shall participate in the Home Detention Program for a period of ____ months. During this time, you will remain at your place of residence except for employment and other activities approved in advance by your probation officer. You will be subject to the standard conditions of Home Detention adopted for use in the Middle District of Florida, which may include the requirement to wear an electronic monitoring device and follow electronic monitoring procedures specified by the probation officer. Further, you shall be required to contribute to the costs of services for such monitoring not to exceed an amount determined reasonable by the probation officer based on ability to pay (or availability of third party payment) and in conformance with the Probation Office's Sliding Scale for Electronic Monitoring Services.
You shall be prohibited from incurring new credit charges, opening additional lines of credit, or obligating yourself for any major purchases without approval of the probation officer.
You shall provide the probation officer access to any requested financial information.
You shall participate in debt management counseling, as deemed necessary by the Probation Officer. Further, you shall be required to pay all costs of service for such counseling.
You shall participate as directed in an inpatient or outpatient program approved by the probation officer for treatment of narcotic addiction or drug or alcohol dependency which may include testing for the detection of substance use or abuse. Further, you shall be required to contribute to the costs of services for such treatment in an amount determined reasonable by the Probation Office's Sliding Scale for Substance Abuse Treatment Services.
You shall serve ______ months at a Community Corrections Center commencing at the direction of the Bureau of Prisons or probation office. Further you shall follow all rules and regulations of the Corrections Center and obtain a physical examination at your own expense before entering this program.
You shall perform ____ hours of community service on such terms as may be directed by your probation officer.